
One of the greatest players to have ever played the game, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar has been the greatest icon of world cricket for almost two decades now.
He is the leading run-scorer and century maker in Test and One Day International cricket. He is the only player to score a double century in the history of ODI cricket.only batsman in the planate to score a double century.Tendulkar is the first player to score fifty centuries in all international cricket combined, he now has 94 centuries in international cricket.He was also the first player to score 10,000 runs in one-day internationals, and also the first player to cross every subsequent 1000-run mark that has been crossed in ODI cricket history and 200 runs in a one-day international match.
Individual honors and appreciations
- Padma Vibhushan, India's second highest civilian award, 2008.
- ICC World ODI XI: 2004, 2007
- Rajiv Gandhi Awards – Sports: 2005
- Player of the tournament in 2003 Cricket World Cup
- Maharashtra Bhushan Award, Maharashtra State's highest Civilian Award in 2001
- Padma Shri, India's fourth highest civilian award, 1999
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest honour given for achievement in sports, 1997–98.
- Wisden Cricketer of the Year: 1997
- Arjuna Award, by the Government of India in recognition of his outstanding achievement in Cricket, 1994.
When Tendulkar hit double hundred in ODI Ravi Shastri as a commentator said"First man on the planet to reach 200 and he is the superman from India"
The Maharashtra government will convey to the Centre that master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who scored a landmark double ton against South Africa, be honoured with the country’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna.
What They Said about the Legend
I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two... his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel.
Sir Donald Bradman
There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don.
Steve Waugh
First and foremost, Tendulkar is an entertainer and that for me is as important factor as any fact or figure. Too often boring players have been pushed forward as great by figures alone. For sheer entertainment, he will keep cricket alive.
Barry Richards
India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing.
Sunil Gavaskar
A complete batsman — he's the best in the business.
Mohinder Amarnath
Sachin is an attacker. He has much more power than Sunny. He wants to be the one to set the pace. He has to be on top. That's the buzz about him.
Jeff Thomson
If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard.
Dennis Lillee
Much has been made of my personal contest with Tendulkar. Some people have said that my duel with Tendulkar in India in 1997-98 was the most compelling Test cricket they have ever seen, but there is no doubt he enjoyed the better of the exchanges. He has played me better than anybody. Most Indian batsmen pick the length very quickly, even when it is flighted above the eyeline, but Tendulkar moved into position even earlier than the likes of Mohammad Azharuddin and Rahul Dravid. His footwork is immaculate. He would either go right forward or all the way back and he has the confidence to go for his strokes. I suppose I would be confident too if I batted as well as Tendulkar.
Shane Warne
Hell, if he had stayed, even at 11 an over he would have got it.
Allan Border (after India won the Coca-Cola cup in Sharjah)
Tendulkar is the most complete batsman I have stood behind. I saw the hundred in Perth on a bouncy pitch with Hughes, McDermott and Whitney gunning for him – he only had 60-odd when No 11 came in. I've seen him against Warne too.
Ian Healy
I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world, ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara.
Glenn McGrath
To me he is the complete batsman. What has impressed me most about him in his focus and determination to do well. I think the youngsters can learn a lot form just watching him play and emulating his determination. Despite being so immensely gifted, he is still so determined to excel every time he goes out to bat for his country, it is something I have always respected.
Wasim Akram
While I keep hoping he gets out, I must admit that his strokeplay is a treat to watch.
Mark Waugh
I have seen God. He bats at number 4 for India.
Mathew Hayden
Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal.
Brian Lara
The thing I admire most about this man is his poise. The way he moves, elegantly without ever looking out of place in any condition or company, suggests his pedigree.
Bishan Singh Bedi
The more I see him, the more I want to see him.
Mohammad Azharuddin
Playing in the same team as Sachin is a huge honour. His balance of mind, shrewd judgment, modesty and, above all, his technical brilliance make him my all-time hero... You can't get a more complete cricketer than Sachin. He has everything that a cricketer needs to have.
Rahul Dravid
The thing I like the most about Sachin is his intensity. After being in the game for so long, he still has the same desire to do well for India in any international match. I tell you what, this man is a legend.
Sourav Ganguly
About the "Tendulkar Opus"
The latest tribute to the cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar titled ‘Tendulkar Opus' will be soon released by a London-based company.
The book weighing 30 kg has more than 3,000 photographs of the Indian batsman and runs into over 750 pages.
The book costing Rs 300,000 will feature various interviews, photo shoots, and features on the cricketer.
Tendulkar said that the book captured important moments of his career and added that it would be helpful for anybody wanting to know about his journey in the cricketing arena.
Earlier, Opus books were released on premier English soccer clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal, but this is the first Opus on an individual sportsperson.
Sachin said he was delighted that he was the first individual to be bestowed with such an honor.

Visit here for Shane Warne and Muttiah MuralitharanThe Maharashtra government will convey to the Centre that master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who scored a landmark double ton against South Africa, be honoured with the country’s highest civilian award Bharat Ratna.
What They Said about the Legend
I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two... his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel.
Sir Donald Bradman
There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don.
Steve Waugh
First and foremost, Tendulkar is an entertainer and that for me is as important factor as any fact or figure. Too often boring players have been pushed forward as great by figures alone. For sheer entertainment, he will keep cricket alive.
Barry Richards
India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing.
Sunil Gavaskar
A complete batsman — he's the best in the business.
Mohinder Amarnath
Sachin is an attacker. He has much more power than Sunny. He wants to be the one to set the pace. He has to be on top. That's the buzz about him.
Jeff Thomson
If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard.
Dennis Lillee
Much has been made of my personal contest with Tendulkar. Some people have said that my duel with Tendulkar in India in 1997-98 was the most compelling Test cricket they have ever seen, but there is no doubt he enjoyed the better of the exchanges. He has played me better than anybody. Most Indian batsmen pick the length very quickly, even when it is flighted above the eyeline, but Tendulkar moved into position even earlier than the likes of Mohammad Azharuddin and Rahul Dravid. His footwork is immaculate. He would either go right forward or all the way back and he has the confidence to go for his strokes. I suppose I would be confident too if I batted as well as Tendulkar.
Shane Warne
Hell, if he had stayed, even at 11 an over he would have got it.
Allan Border (after India won the Coca-Cola cup in Sharjah)
Tendulkar is the most complete batsman I have stood behind. I saw the hundred in Perth on a bouncy pitch with Hughes, McDermott and Whitney gunning for him – he only had 60-odd when No 11 came in. I've seen him against Warne too.
Ian Healy
I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world, ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara.
Glenn McGrath
To me he is the complete batsman. What has impressed me most about him in his focus and determination to do well. I think the youngsters can learn a lot form just watching him play and emulating his determination. Despite being so immensely gifted, he is still so determined to excel every time he goes out to bat for his country, it is something I have always respected.
Wasim Akram
While I keep hoping he gets out, I must admit that his strokeplay is a treat to watch.
Mark Waugh
I have seen God. He bats at number 4 for India.
Mathew Hayden
Sachin is a genius. I’m a mere mortal.
Brian Lara
The thing I admire most about this man is his poise. The way he moves, elegantly without ever looking out of place in any condition or company, suggests his pedigree.
Bishan Singh Bedi
The more I see him, the more I want to see him.
Mohammad Azharuddin
Playing in the same team as Sachin is a huge honour. His balance of mind, shrewd judgment, modesty and, above all, his technical brilliance make him my all-time hero... You can't get a more complete cricketer than Sachin. He has everything that a cricketer needs to have.
Rahul Dravid
The thing I like the most about Sachin is his intensity. After being in the game for so long, he still has the same desire to do well for India in any international match. I tell you what, this man is a legend.
Sourav Ganguly
About the "Tendulkar Opus"
The latest tribute to the cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar titled ‘Tendulkar Opus' will be soon released by a London-based company.
The book weighing 30 kg has more than 3,000 photographs of the Indian batsman and runs into over 750 pages.
The book costing Rs 300,000 will feature various interviews, photo shoots, and features on the cricketer.
Tendulkar said that the book captured important moments of his career and added that it would be helpful for anybody wanting to know about his journey in the cricketing arena.
Earlier, Opus books were released on premier English soccer clubs like Manchester United and Arsenal, but this is the first Opus on an individual sportsperson.
Sachin said he was delighted that he was the first individual to be bestowed with such an honor.


0 comments:
Post a Comment
If you like this post so please tell me Ill waiting for.......